Download Flow Down Like Silver: Hypatia of Alexandria Free Books Full Version

Point Epithetical Books Flow Down Like Silver: Hypatia of Alexandria

Title:Flow Down Like Silver: Hypatia of Alexandria
Author:Ki Longfellow
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 301 pages
Published:August 20th 2009 by Eio Books
Categories:Fiction. Thriller. Mystery. Suspense. Crime. Drama
Download Flow Down Like Silver: Hypatia of Alexandria  Free Books Full Version
Flow Down Like Silver: Hypatia of Alexandria Paperback | Pages: 301 pages
Rating: 4.43 | 2201 Users | 205 Reviews

Chronicle To Books Flow Down Like Silver: Hypatia of Alexandria

Ki Longfellow, author of the acclaimed The Secret Magdalene, has now written the astonishing life of Hypatia, famed throughout the Mediterranean world, a beauty and a genius, yet for 17 centuries ignored by history. As the Roman Empire fights for its life and emerging Christianity fights for our souls, Hypatia is the last great voice of reason. A woman of sublime intelligence, Hypatia ranks above not only all women, but all men. Hypatia dazzled the world with her brilliance, was courted by men of every persuasion and was considered the leading philosopher and mathematician of her age ... yet her mathematics, her inventions, the very story of her life in all its epic and dramatic intensity, has gone untold. A heart-breaking love story, an heroic struggle against intolerance, a tragedy and a triumph, Hypatia walks through these pages fully realized while all around her Egypt's Alexandria, the New York City of its day, strives to remain a beacon of light in a darkening world.

Itemize Books Conducive To Flow Down Like Silver: Hypatia of Alexandria

ISBN: 0975925598 (ISBN13: 9780975925591)
Edition Language: English


Rating Epithetical Books Flow Down Like Silver: Hypatia of Alexandria
Ratings: 4.43 From 2201 Users | 205 Reviews

Assessment Epithetical Books Flow Down Like Silver: Hypatia of Alexandria
4.5 stars"I am a mathematician, a philosopher, an astronomer. The people believe what they are told. I believe nothing, consider everything."I applaud any book that makes me reflect deeply about my own beliefs. I am always open to learning new things and considering the opinions of others - which is why in many ways I could relate to Hypatia of Alexandria as depicted in this story. Besides, she was also a mathematician, and Ive always had a special place in my heart for numbers (right next to

This one didn't cost me so pain much as I read it or give me so much joy. I suppose that could be because the first book I read of hers was The Secret Magdalene A Novel and as a dissastified Christian looking for more, MORE is what I got from that first book. This one was written in Longfellow's fluid prose and had her touch. Some whole sections were so beautiful I thought I was reading prose poetry which I guess I was. I refer to where she sails out into the sea alone to live or to die. Or

Another wonderful book from Longfellow who wrote The Secret Magdalene A Novel. This one is set in the 4th and 5th century in Alexandria Egypt when Christianity is the state religion of Rome. But all over the Empire Hellenists still teach and ancient religions still compete for the minds of the people. Hypatia of Alexandria was one of the last of the great early mathematicians and hilosophers with complete access to what still remained of the Great Library of Alexandria. This is a fast racy tale

Ever since I finished The Secret Magdalene, I've been waiting for the second in this writer's trilogy of the Divine Feminine. The Secret Magdalene stunned me. It took me places few books go. So obviously I was one of the first to get this book and to read it, or at least the first to review it here. {author:Ki Longfellow]'s first book was about Mary Magdalene, but not the Magdalene who's been so abused for so long. Flow Down Like Silver takes place 350 years later in the city of Alexandria,

More of the rich storytelling and compelling research that Ki Longfellow brought to her previous book, "The Secret Magdalene". Unlike "Magdalene", "Flow Down Like Silver" is told through, not one, but several 1st-person witnesses - Hypatia herself, plus intimates and acquaintances of the legendary mathematician/philosopher during the latter half of her life. This approach tempers a bit of the reader's emotional empathy for the principal character, offering in its place the intimate perceptions

This is the second in Longfellow's trilogy of gnosis. This time she's chosen an extraordinary woman's whose history is sketchy at best but who she has given the role of a seeker rather than, as with Mary Magdalene (The Secret Magdalene: A Novel, a finder. Spiritual quests are at the bottom of these first two "historic" novels and I love them for two reasons. First, that the subject is treated in a novelists way rather than as some sort of "self-help" book is just up my street. And secondly, I

After reading The Secret Magdalene last March, I was completely overwhelmed by the sheer depth of the story she presented to me. Not just the depth of the story, but also the beauty of her language, the solid composition of the book thrilled me. Having read her latest novel, Flow Down Like Silver, Hypatia of Alexandria, I know that The Secret Magdalene was not a one-time high. This lady - I'm referring to the author now - contains gold and I can only hope that she's given the perseverance and

Post a Comment

0 Comments