Online Books Free Forever Download

Online Books Free Forever  Download
Forever Paperback | Pages: 613 pages
Rating: 3.94 | 10850 Users | 1484 Reviews

Particularize Books As Forever

Original Title: Forever
ISBN: 0316735698 (ISBN13: 9780316735698)
Edition Language: English

Relation Concering Books Forever

This widely acclaimed bestseller is the magical, epic tale of an extraordinary man who arrives in New York in 1740 and remains . . . forever. Through the eyes of Cormac O'Connor -- granted immortality as long as he never leaves the island of Manhattan -- we watch New York grow from a tiny settlement on the tip of an untamed wilderness to the thriving metropolis of today. And through Cormac's remarkable adventures in both love and war, we come to know the city's buried secrets -- the way it has been shaped by greed, race, and waves of immigration, by the unleashing of enormous human energies, and, above all, by hope.

Declare Regarding Books Forever

Title:Forever
Author:Pete Hamill
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 613 pages
Published:November 3rd 2003 by Back Bay Books (first published October 1st 2002)
Categories:Fiction. Historical. Historical Fiction. Fantasy. New York. Magical Realism. Science Fiction. Time Travel

Rating Regarding Books Forever
Ratings: 3.94 From 10850 Users | 1484 Reviews

Column Regarding Books Forever
There were about 100 pages or so about halfway through this book that didn't really capture my interest and I had a harder time enjoying reading this during that time. That being said, I thoroughly enjoyed the beginning and by the time I reached the final hundred pages or so, the ending. I think the concept of this story was more interesting, to me, than the reading of the book, but most of that was due to how disjointed the one section of the book was that dealt with Manhattan as he skimmed

How long does it take to find your true love? Is one lifetime enough? What do you do when you do find it? How do you answer life's challenges and choices?Cormac O'Conner is born in northern Ireland in 1723, loved and cherished by his parents, happy with his parents, dog, horse and home. His father is a blacksmith and makes a very special sword. When he is nine he loses his mother, when he is sixteen he loses his father. The Earl of Warren, who lives in Belfast near them, is indirectly

Magical realism arrives in New York City when Cormac O'Connor arrives in the late eighteenth century to avenge the deaths of his parents at the hand of the evil Earl of Warren. His quest brings him in contact with the black slave, Congo, who he befriends on the boat to America and who assists him in his mission and then bestows upon him the gift of immortality.Through Cormac's eyes we see the history of New York City unfolding through the years as he must fight the Warrens through the succeeding

While it suffered some unexpected pacing issues, this book was overall an enjoyable and thoughtful adventure.I spent most of the first half of the novel confused and impatient for the plot to represent the blurb on the back cover-- immortality and NYC history-- which made trudging through Cormac's young life more tedious than it needed to be. I think this is a trouble moreso with the choice of wording on the back cover (creating inaccurate expectations) than a problem with the novel itself, as I

A true masterpiece of fiction. Rarely does a book reach this level of storytelling, at least in my experience. I can count on one hand books that i have read that i regard as masterpieces. This is one of those books that I wish would go on for another 600 pages: literally forever. Cormac is someone I will never forget. It will take me many days to digest all that I encountered in these pages, and I think i am forever changed for having read this. I cannot recommend this book highly enough, and

The things I do for book club.

I generally look over other people's reviews to refresh myself before I add a book I read a long time ago. I was genuinely surprised to see how many people hated this book. It seems like people either got it and loved it (like me), or didn't get it and simply hated it.Admittedly, the story is far-fetched. You must suspend disbelief in order to swallow the premise of the story, which is of an impoverished Irish boy doomed to live forever until he is able to avenge a wrong done to his family. If

Post a Comment

0 Comments