Download Books For Pavilion of Women Free

Specify Books Conducive To Pavilion of Women

Original Title: Pavilion of Women
ISBN: 155921287X (ISBN13: 9781559212878)
Edition Language: English
Setting: China
Download Books For Pavilion of Women  Free
Pavilion of Women Paperback | Pages: 466 pages
Rating: 4.13 | 12163 Users | 932 Reviews

Declare Appertaining To Books Pavilion of Women

Title:Pavilion of Women
Author:Pearl S. Buck
Book Format:Paperback
Book Edition:Special Edition
Pages:Pages: 466 pages
Published:May 1st 1995 by Moyer Bell and its subsidiaries (first published 1946)
Categories:Historical. Historical Fiction. Fiction. Cultural. China. Classics. Asia

Explanation To Books Pavilion of Women

On her fortieth birthday, Madame Wu carries out a decision she has been planning for a long time: she tells her husband that after twenty-four years their physical life together is now over and she wishes him to take a second wife. The House of Wu, one of the oldest and most revered in China, is thrown into an uproar by her decision, but Madame Wu will not be dissuaded and arranges for a young country girl to come take her place in bed. Elegant and detached, Madame Wu orchestrates this change as she manages everything in the extended household of more than sixty relatives and servants. Alone in her own quarters, she relishes her freedom and reads books she has never been allowed to touch. When her son begins English lessons, she listens, and is soon learning from the foreigner, a free-thinking priest named Brother Andre, who will change her life. Few books raise so many questions about the nature and roles of men and women, about self-discipline and happiness.

Rating Appertaining To Books Pavilion of Women
Ratings: 4.13 From 12163 Users | 932 Reviews

Column Appertaining To Books Pavilion of Women
A warm and interesting story. Madame Wu is a thoughtful, interesting woman and she runs her household with care and ability. I liked the insight into upper Chinese culture and lifestyle. Madame Wu takes an unconventional path when on her 40th birthday she reclaims her life and walks away from her marriage bed, freeing herself from her wifely duties and intending to spend the rest of her days in study and contemplation.The teachings of Father Andre are simple and respectful of all life forms and

It was like going on a soulful journey.

This book has touched me so deeply, that I cannot help feeling a strike of destiny in the way it came into my hands. I started reading it, blissfully unaware of both the plot and what it might be like. Pavilion of Women has proven to be such a beautiful reading surprise. I must have read it in one breath, or at least, that is what reading it felt like. Once I started it, I just couldn't stop reading. I cannot express how much I enjoyed this novel. It is a truly remarkable portrayal of a woman's

I give Pavilion of Women five stars not for it's execution (though I don't think it's written poorly) but for it's insight and depth and humanity and love.If someone were to ask me, "what sort of person should I be?" I would advise them to read Pavilion of Women, to learn from Madame Wu's learning, and to take to heart Brother Andre's wisdom. Meditate on the change in Madame Wu, on her successes and setbacks, and see the way in which she came to live her life. All that Brother Andre says,

When I read The Good Earth for class many years ago I enjoyed it, but until very recently it never occurred to me to read anything else by Pearl S. Buck. The Good Earth, is, after all, her most popular book by far, winning Buck the Pulitzer Prize and contributing to her Nobel Prize win more than any of her other novels (most of them, including this one, she wrote after she was a laureate). I didnt even know the name of any of Bucks other works, so I was surprised to find that she had been a

I can't finish this (I don't want to, and I won't), due to various reasons. So much for the $ spent on Amazon!

I absolutely adore Pearl S. Buck's writing. That being said, I shall have to go through her entire bibliography in order to satisfy myself. Her prose is a warm bath, complete with the small insights and revelations that often come to one during luxurious respite. 'Pavilion of Women' presents a woman with unparalleled logic and self-control, but who also is ignorant of how coldly she views the rest of the world, those who lack her intelligence and strength of will. Through the course of the

Post a Comment

0 Comments